November 3, 2010

To be a Hepburn in a Hilton World...

Since I have been at Syracuse I have grown a vendetta against men, cliche I know. I know I shouldn't be that harsh, because it is probably just Syracuse men I have a problem with, particularly frat boys. This only accounts for 33% of the university, but still I find myself not just hating them but hating them all. I feel like my night life is a broken record, the same routine every night. Get ready, think I look hot, then simply get ignored when we go out. Why does this happen?! Well because I am simply classy. I refuse to dress like a hooker and then act like a hot mess, throwing myself on every man in site. Hence my problem, I am a Hepburn in a Hilton world.

Unfortunately this behavior is becoming more and more common and even acceptable in society. What happened to class ladies?? You can still be cute without whoring yourself out, and besides most guys won't like you for your personality but rather your body and or sex. Don't you want a guy to like you for who you are and be infatuated with your quirks and personality? I don't know maybe I am crazy. I was recently appalled by the GQ spread of Lea Michelle.

How do you go from this...

                 To this....

Honestly Lea Michelle you don't need to sex yourself up to be beautiful. I looked up to you before and now I just think you are as insecure as everyone else. What on earth is the world coming to? Can't we just respect ourselves and our bodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.