August 6, 2010

Plato will be your new best friend.

Hello loves, as promised I will be critiquing the many thrift stores I plan to hit up this month before I venture of to school and here is the first one: Plato's Closet.

So let me explain how Plato's Closet works...

First you start off by cleaning your closet of all the things you don't want. Then you put them all into bags and drive to a Plato's Closet. There you will sign in and give them your bags to sort through. Depending on how busy they are and how much stuff you have it may take them up to an hour to sort through your stuff. However; not to worry there is a whole store full of name brand clothing for you to sort through. They usually have things sorted by size (plus) and color (bigger plus). After you are finished looking and they are finished sorting, you go up to the cashier and hand them the items you want and then tell them you also have stuff they looked through. The cashier will then ask you if you want to do a trade, meaning they will total up your new items and subtract that from the value of your old items they want. You don't have to do this, but I don't understand why you wouldn't :). Anyway in the end you will either owe them more money, break even, or the best they still owe you some moula. :) Seems pretty cool right!

Well here is my experience in pictures...


So here is what I started off with. F.y.i. it is better if you have name brand items. They love Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Hollister, Forever 21, ect.

You bring them here...



And you come out with...


Woohoo two new outfits for the Syracuse night life!!!
Here is what I got itemized:
The Limited sequinced tank - $8
Forever 21 skirt (with the tags still on) - $8
Sequince belt - $3
Black tank - $6
J Crew matchstick cut white pants - $14
Black pants: $10

Grand total: $49

But anyway they didn't take all of my stuff (damn it!) but they took a lot (14 items!!!) and gave me $58.70 for it!

So that means in the end they owed me $9.70! If that isn't a good deal I don't know what else is. Then the rest of the stuff they didn't want I am going to donate to Goodwill or Salvo when I hit them up next!

So if you are inspired (which you should be) here is their website so you can locate a Plato's near you!

Tata for now!

P.S. the middle photo is from Plato's Closet of Rochester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.