April 5, 2011

Guess who is back with a whole new...Rapp?

Hello everyone.

It has been almost four months since I last posted anything (I know I suck). I know everyone says it is because they have just been "so busy", but really I have!! This semester is almost over and I don't know where it went! It seems like I have been nonstop since we started back up in January.

A lot has changed since I posted back in December. My sorority was shut down by our national headquarters and I became unbelievably close with all my other sisters because of it, I stepped it up in school and assumed a leadership position in both of my public relations classes where we work in groups, and I was accepted to go study abroad in Chile next semester.

Besides the shock and disappointment and anger felt after learning the decision of our national chapter to shut a 106 year old chapter down for the mistakes of a very small few, I turned my full attention to my school work. Even though I enjoyed my time being apart of Greek life very much, I realized my social life will still go on and I have already made friends for a lifetime, isn't that what being in a sorority is all about?
Some of the lovely ladies I call my sisters.


That being said I have been kicking some major a** in school and I couldn't be more proud of myself and what I have accomplished so far. Last semester I was a little weary of public relations as one of my majors, but I am falling in love with the profession and can't wait to get an internship to show off my newly acquired skills.

On a larger note....I AM GOING TO CHILE NEXT SEMESTER! I am beyond excited as you can tell. I leave in June and don't come back until December. Many people think I am crazy for going so far away for so long...but honestly they don't know what they are going to be missing. When will I have the opportunity to do this again in my life? I am young, independent, have no responsibilities, and am ready to go on an adventure of a lifetime.

This entire semester I have been saving every penny, well almost every penny, for this trip. So far I have saved a little over $2000 and am almost at my goal of $2500. Obviously this is just for spending money while I am there. My tuition is the same as if I was going to stay in Syracuse and the program fee is about the same amount as staying in one of the dorms. This comes out to be around $25,125 plus airfare and visa charges. THANKFULLY the generous people at the financial aid office give me quite a bit of change to cover this because I am oh so smart. :)

This being said, I am now crossing over into the traveling blog world, with a touch of fashion of course. I wish is that my readers learn about the complexities and cultures of South America as I do and be able to vicariously travel and learn through me. I also want to document all my preparations for the trip which is why I am staring now!

Next week I have my pre-departure meeting so stay tuned!

Besos,
-a

I have also decided to share with you some of the costumes created for the infamous "frat parties" we have had this semester. This parties theme ABC aka "anything but clothes". I think we were pretty darn crafty don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.